Thursday, 4 November 2010

Awakening Of The Dead - Evaluation - Alex Parsons


As media Horror Film Evaluation

Alex Parsons
The camera work in our Horror film was at the start a bit unsteady this is due to it being handheld and in an awkward position. The camera was required to be a bit off the floor whilst being fairly close to the floor this needed the person to hold it at an awkward angle. I believe we did frame the shots correctly although some shots were a bit off by like the shots that were the zombies walking had a bit too much background either side of them and were too central. We used many different shot types and composition. We had low shots long shots mid shots and close ups each were similar to the ones on the as horror film we based it on.
In the editing we used mostly either no or very quick transitions which made it slightly more realistic than if we had more. Also the continuity of it was a bit off during the middle of the scenes when the zombies got round the corner slightly too quickly but it was not that noticeable due to it being quick changing of shots.

In this film we had the actors dress up in ripped tee shirts with blood on them and blood on there faces. Also with jeans which weren’t great due to them being mostly fine quality and not ripped or ragged but due to not really having many ripped jeans around or enough money to buy and rip them ourselves we had to settle for that. Overall I think the costumes were suited to the film.
The location we chose was the woods the right time to where it wasn’t too dark or too light. The woods provided a place where there wouldn’t be many public who would try to interfere or get rid of the right atmosphere of the shots and were fairly suited to a chasing scene. I believe the actors were well suited to the roles and did it mostly sticking to their characters and acting well.

In this film I helped decide what shots were done where and what actors were used. Also in a few shots I acted as a victim this was due to the lack of willing participants to take part in our film. I also did a lot of the editing by putting most of the shots in order and doing the some transitions.
In this film it was a bit bland and the narrative was a bit sketchy I believe that if we did it again we could’ve created more of an atmosphere and try different shots and used more dialogue. I believe for my final examination I will try and find another location maybe indoors with an artificial lighting which may create more of a creepy atmosphere because it can relate to more of the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment